Thursday, May 7, 2009

How David beats Goliath

Every once in a while, usually late at night when I'm a little punchy, I come across an article like this from Malcom Gladwell which seems to connect a lot of dots that we studied throughout the semester. I sent this one to my classmates because not only did I think it was great to see OpsMgmt, ITMgmt, and StratMktg concepts all woven together, but because I believe the alternatve mindsets that are discussed are important to consider as we prepare to visit China, Japan and South America over the next 2 weeks. Much of what we'll experience on these trips will require people to recognize that other cultures see the challenges of the world differently, and that these alternative approaches may be their competition or partner. Having the flexibility to understand these differences, and either embrace or reject this alternative thinking, may make the difference between success and failure in the future.
blog comments powered by Disqus