Friday, January 2, 2009

Crowdsourcing for Better Results

I've spoken in the past about how I'd like this blog to be more than just a personal journal, by engaging my classmates in the discussions and comments.  It builds on the ideas highlighted in best-sellers like Wisdom of the Crowds and Wikinomics.   Fred Wilson writes a nice post today about some of his favorite parts of the upcoming book "What Would Google Do?", highlighting how group-based contributions elevated the discussions and learning.  

I'm almost back to real-time for this blog (starting 2nd semester....next week), and now starts the challenge of trying to figure out a way to get a group of people that are already overworked (Professionally & MBA) to share their experience and ideas.  If I do a good job with that challenge, I will have learned a very valuable skill.  If not, this may end up being an 18 month "dear diary".  

Let's hope for the former....

0 comments: