Sunday, June 14, 2009

2 Million Minutes

I had not heard of the 2 Million Minutes project before, but coincidentally for many of the Executive MBA students on the China trip, this was the topic of conversation during many of our bus rides and meals. Seeing the pace of growth in China, it was hard not to envision how much this would effect our young children. Several of the exPats told us stories about how their children spoke multiple languages and how they embraced traveling to various countries in the region, learning about their cultures and differences. That's something that we don't expose our children to enough here in the US.

I plan to watch this documentary soon. I don't know if I'll have much of an opportunity to change the education system presented to our children, but I do have the opportunity to educate them on the world and give them additional opportunities to expand their views of the world.
blog comments powered by Disqus